OPEN POSITION: Chief Architect/VP of Technical Architecture
The initial market response to the launch of StratoDem Analytics is creating the need for new positions that split up technology and product leadership roles. One of those roles is for a Chief Architect or VP of Technical Architecture, whose responsibilities include system architecture and new service development to create outsized value for our clients. The other primary responsibility includes leading the growth of the software engineering and data engineering in a challenging, growth-oriented environment with highly-collaborative work.
The company: StratoDem Analytics
StratoDem Analytics is a data science venture building predictive models on massive data for better US local-market knowledge. StratoDem Analytics helps some of the largest private equity funds and real estate organizations in the US make better portfolio-level and business decisions based on a fundamentally better understanding of local-market economic risk and demographic outlooks.
Location: Boston, MA; Providence, RI; or Albany, NY
StratoDem Analytics is based in downtown Boston. This position may be available at satellite positions in Providence, RI and Albany, NY.
This role will involve:
- Working directly with company founders to build and maintain data science pipelines for internal research and client-facing products across the real estate sector
- Growing with the company to hire and manage industry-leading software engineers and data engineers
- Playing a critical role in bringing StratoDem Analytics to the next level of product and data science deployments
Key personal characteristics include:
- Strong desire to learn and apply new techniques from data science, architecture, and product development -- in addition to knowing when older, proven techniques are superior or faster to implement
- Ability to clearly justify and document strategic technology or business decisions to partners and clients of varying backgrounds
- Ability to contribute to and participate in a fun, challenging environment with high-value technology and data science deliveries to industry-leading clients
Key technical experience includes:
- Extensive experience with Python server frameworks such as Django or Flask
- Extensive experience building and/or maintaining continuous integration pipelines
- Experience building and/or maintaining cluster management or container orchestration systems like Kubernetes or Swarm
- Extensive experience with most of the following AWS services (or the Google Cloud Platform equivalent):
- Relational Database Service
- Elastic File System
- AWS command line or related Python packages to manage AWS resources
- Elastic Load Balancers
- Extensive experience with web servers like NGINX
- Experience designing and/or maintaining multiple microservices
- Experience with GitHub and/or JIRA
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or professional equivalent
Not mandatory, but major pluses:
- Proven experience addressing/preventing network/server/data security issues in a professional environment
- Proven experience with documentation and creating understandable, maintainable systems, both as the user base grows and the number of engineers interacting with the system grows
Compensation will be determined by the candidate’s experience and the role assumed. The specifics of this position will be crafted around the specific strengths and experiences of the candidate. To apply, send a cover note and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!