OPEN POSITION: Chief Data Scientist/VP Data Science
The initial market response to the launch of StratoDem Analytics is creating the need for new positions that split up technology and product leadership roles. One of those roles is for a Chief Data Scientist or VP of Data Science, whose responsibilities include pioneering new data science research deploying the StratoDem Analytics platform, and applied product development to create outsized value for our clients. The other primary responsibility includes leading the growth of the data science operations in a challenging, growth-oriented environment with highly-collaborative work.
The company: StratoDem Analytics
StratoDem Analytics is a data science venture building predictive models on massive data for better US local-market knowledge. StratoDem Analytics helps some of the largest private equity funds and real estate organizations in the US make better portfolio-level and business decisions based on a fundamentally better understanding of local-market economic risk and demographic outlooks.
Location: Boston, MA; Providence, RI; or Albany, NY
StratoDem Analytics is based in downtown Boston. This position may be available at satellite positions in Providence, RI and Albany, NY.
This role will involve:
- Working directly with company founders to build and maintain advanced data science products for clients across the real estate sector
- Growing with the company to hire and manage industry-leading data scientists and data engineers
- Playing a critical role in bringing StratoDem Analytics to the next level of product and data science development
Key personal characteristics include:
- Strong desire to learn and apply new techniques from data science, architecture, and product development — in addition to knowing when older, proven techniques are superior or faster to implement
- Ability to clearly justify and document strategic technology or business decisions to partners and clients of varying backgrounds
- Ability to contribute to and participate in a fun, challenging environment with high-value technology and data science deliveries to industry-leading clients
Key technical experience includes:
- Extensive experience with TensorFlow, Theano, Torch and/or Keras
- Proven track record of creating business value from data (e.g., use by internal executives to make significant investment decisions, or building a successful external data product)
- Substantial professional or doctorate-level practical deployment of Bayesian statistics, econometrics, time-series analysis and/or machine learning. Note that without deep involvement in econometrics, Bayesian statistics or time-series analysis, the machine learning experience must be professional work relating to real estate, economics, or finance.
- Experience deploying models into production systems (i.e., not just building models in a notebook and relying on engineers to deploy to production)
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication of model parameters, predictions and underlying structure for audiences of varying backgrounds
- At least a master’s degree in statistics, computer science or a related field
Not mandatory, but major pluses:
- Proven experience with real estate analytics
- Proven experience building data pipelines (overlapping with system architecture role)
Compensation will be determined by the candidate’s experience and the role assumed. The specifics of this position will be crafted around the specific strengths and experiences of the candidate. To apply, send a cover note and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!