Open position: Front-End Developer
StratoDem Analytics is currently seeking a Front-End Developer who will contribute from Day One to build data visualization dashboards, front-end analytics products, and user interfaces on high-value projects. This position is for someone seeking a challenging, growth-oriented environment with highly-collaborative work.
The company: StratoDem Analytics
StratoDem Analytics is a data science venture building predictive models on massive data for better US local-market knowledge. StratoDem Analytics helps some of the largest private equity funds and real estate organizations in the US make better portfolio-level and business decisions based on a fundamentally better understanding of local-market economic risk and demographic outlooks.
Location: Boston, MA; Providence, RI; or Albany, NY
StratoDem Analytics is based in downtown Boston. This position may be available at satellite positions in Providence, RI and Albany, NY.
This role will involve:
- Designing and developing as a team contributor to StratoDem Analytics products and client deliveries
- Learning and sharing new front-end technologies with the StratoDem Analytics team
- Efficiently bringing ideas from concept to production via sketches and diagrams
- Building within, and improving, the StratoDem Analytics visual style guide
- Writing clean, fully-tested and well-documented code in ES6+ with Flow type hinting
- Leveraging pre-existing internal and external code to deliver different products each month (e.g. one month may be a mapping dashboard, the next may be a portfolio analysis engine)
- Working directly with company founders on model building, database design and deployment strategies
- Working directly with clients to identify pain points and opportunities in pre-existing analytics pipelines and build or improve StratoDem Analytics products
For this role, candidates must be focused on growing as product designers, both for the StratoDem Analytics codebase and client-facing products. Because clients typically make portfolio-altering decisions based on StratoDem Analytics deliveries, StratoDem focuses on developing team members in producing bug-free, concise, scalable code that fits into a large ecosystem.
- Front-end web development (HTML and CSS/SASS/SCSS)
- Advanced SQL queries and relational databases
- Writing testable, component-based code and writing tests with complete logical coverage of code
- Git and GitHub workflows in a team environment
In addition, the following experience is a big plus:
- d3.js or Leaflet visualization
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform or other cloud service providers
- Significant Linux experience
Source code samples (preferably a link to a GitHub account) required. BA, BS or equivalent work experience preferred. To apply, send cover note, resume and ideally a link to a GitHub account to firstname.lastname@example.org.