Open position: Python Data Engineer
StratoDem Analytics is currently seeking a Python Data Engineer who will contribute from Day One to build data analytics pipelines, scalable Python-based APIs, and new data products for the real estate field. This position is for someone seeking a challenging, growth-oriented environment with highly-collaborative work.
The company: StratoDem Analytics
StratoDem Analytics is a data science venture building predictive models on massive data for better US local-market knowledge. StratoDem Analytics helps some of the largest private equity funds and real estate organizations in the US make better portfolio-level and business decisions based on a fundamentally better understanding of local-market economic risk and demographic outlooks.
Location: Boston, MA; Providence, RI; or Albany, NY
StratoDem Analytics is based in downtown Boston. This position may be available at satellite positions in Providence, RI and Albany, NY.
This role will involve:
- Designing and developing as a team contributor to StratoDem Analytics products and client deliveries
- Learning and sharing new data science technologies with the StratoDem Analytics team
- Efficiently bringing ideas from concept to production via sketches and diagrams
- Building within, and improving, the StratoDem Analytics analytics pipeline
- Writing clean, fully-tested and well-documented code in Python 3.5+ with pandas, NumPy, Dask, TensorFlow, scikit-learn and Django
- Leveraging pre-existing internal and external code to deliver different products each month (e.g. one month may be a mapping dashboard, the next may be a portfolio analysis engine)
- Working directly with company founders on model building, database design and deployment strategies
- Working directly with clients to identify pain points and opportunities in pre-existing analytics pipelines and build or improve StratoDem Analytics products
For this role, candidates must be uniquely focused on error-free, optimized algorithm design through a fast, iterative development and research cycle. Because clients typically make portfolio-altering decisions based on StratoDem Analytics deliveries, a strong background in producing bug-free, concise, scalable code that fits into a large ecosystem is required.
The ideal candidate for this role has strong Python expertise and experience with the following:
- Python server-side frameworks such as Django or Flask
- Complex modeling of large, unclean data sets with the Python data science stack of pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, Dask and TensorFlow
- Advanced SQL queries and relational databases
- Advanced usage of spatial database engines such as PostGIS
- Writing testable, component-based code and writing tests with complete logical coverage of code
- Git and GitHub workflows in a team environment
In addition, the following experience is a big plus:
- Advanced financial statistics and probability
- GIS software and algorithms
- Significant Linux experience
Source code samples (preferably a link to a GitHub account) required. MA, MS or equivalent work experience preferred. To apply, send cover note, resume and ideally a link to a GitHub account to email@example.com.