Open position: VP Business Development/CRO
The initial market response to the launch of StratoDem Analytics is creating the need for new positions that split up technology and business leadership. One of those roles is for a VP of Business Development or Chief Revenue Officer, whose responsibilities include driving forward data science market penetration to generate outsized value for our clients. The other primary responsibility includes leading the growth of the business development operations in a challenging, growth-oriented environment with highly-collaborative work.
The company: StratoDem Analytics
StratoDem Analytics is a data science venture building predictive models on massive data for better US local-market knowledge. StratoDem Analytics helps some of the largest private equity funds and real estate organizations in the US make better portfolio-level and business decisions based on a fundamentally better understanding of local-market economic risk and demographic outlooks.
Location: Boston, MA; Providence, RI; or Albany, NY
StratoDem Analytics is based in downtown Boston. This position may be available at satellite positions in Providence, RI and Albany, NY.
This role will involve:
- Working directly with company founders to build and maintain marketing and sales momentum for data science enterprise products across the real estate sector
- Growing with the company to hire and manage industry-leading marketing and sales staff
- Playing a critical role in bringing StratoDem Analytics to the next level of product and data science deployments
Key personal characteristics include:
- Overwhelming desire to lead the real estate industry into the world of effective data science deployment
- Proven ability to clearly justify and sell strategic technology or business decisions to partners and clients of varying backgrounds
- Proven ability to grow stronger organizations, teams and colleagues
- Proven ability to contribute to and participate in a fun, challenging environment with high-value technology and data science deliveries to industry-leading clients
Key technical experience includes:
- Proven experience running sales and/or marketing teams using rigorous, systematized approaches and leveraging industry-leading techniques (e.g., powerful CRMs, inbound marketing) to deliver outsized impact on revenue
- Proven track record of revenue growth ahead of target
- Proven track record of understanding business/enterprise customer needs and prioritizing sales and marketing around highest-value efforts
Not mandatory, but major pluses:
- Proven experience running an early- to mid-stage venture sales and/or marketing team
- Proven experience building/marketing/selling real estate data products or data science products
Compensation will be determined by the candidate’s experience and the role assumed. The specifics of this position will be crafted around the specific strengths and experiences of the candidate. To apply, send a cover note and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!